What is water damage restoration?
Water damage can quickly develop into a serious and costly problem. Water can enter your property in many ways: from broken pipes, burst appliances, and indoor or outdoor flooding. It can compromise the house's structure and poses health risks for people who come into contact with flooded areas. This short article will tell you what you need to know about water damage, what the professional term "water damage restoration means," and some steps to prevent it so you can lower the chances of it happening to you.
Water damage has many adverse effects on your house. These include structural damage, mold, electrical damage, damage to your items, and, arguably the worst of it all: bugs, such as roaches and bedbugs.
But what is water damage restoration?
This is an easy to understand professional term. it means that a water restoration company like Ecotech Restoration Inc, will come to your house to assess the damage, where it came from, and then begin restoring your property to its as-new condition. For us, this includes plumbing repair, dry-wall, insulation & vapor barrier, and flooring repair/replacement, carpet cleaning/replacement, and anything else required to get the job done right. Lastly, we make sure we dry out all wet areas to prevent mold and eliminate any bad smells that often come with floods.
The source and extent of the damage indicate where we will begin, which is either outside of the house or high-level places first. We then move our way down or in until every affected area has been dried, repaired, and restored.
Some signs of a water leak or flood in
Some immediate signs of water, leak, or floods in your home or business include any of the following:
- a musty or damp smell throughout your house
- warped, discoloured, buckling floors
- watermarks on ceilings and walls from leaking pipes
- damaged furniture/walls due to splashing water when appliances break
Who should do the work and how much does it cost?
In some cases, you can attempt to fix water damage on your own by drying out the area as quickly as possible. But it is always best to hire a restoration company like Ecotech Restoration Inc immediately if there are any signs of flooding or leaks to prevent more serious problems from developing and costing you even more money down the road. Certain kinds of water damage are incredibly invasive—for example, pinhole leaks in piping. If the damage to your property is due to a pinhole leak in your piping, someone unfamiliar with tracking down that kind of damage might not find the root of the problem. The leak can easily drip its way down from the top floor and make its way through spaces between your floors to the basement, pooling in an area that's completely unrelated and separate from the root of the problem.
How to prevent water damage
It is always best to try and prevent water damage from happening in the first place rather than having it happen and then needing a water damage restoration company's help. Prevention includes:
- immediately shutting off your home's main water supply if you suspect a leak
- fixing all of your faulty appliances as soon as possible
- maintaining all appliances that contain water within them or are connected to a water supply on a regular schedule
- spot-checking appliances with water contained within them or appliances connected to a water supply on a regular schedule
- keeping areas or corners of the house where those appliances are as clean as possible so you can spot water leaks and drips early before they get out of hand.
Why choose Ecotech Restoration Inc for your project needs?
We do not just offer water damage restoration services. We are:
- we are fully licensed & insured
- we work with your insurance Company To Resolve Your Insurance Claim
- our Rapid Response Team provides emergency repair services for an immediate result to minimize damage
- we deal with mold if the problem arises
- we provide sewer backup damage repair if the problem has come from or extends to your sewage systems
- we repair water damage that comes from exterior drainage systems.
- tile, grout & hardwood flooring installation or replacement: Our team has a wealth of experience in all these areas too.
Click here to contact us or call (604) 683-5663 today!